Summary: I work in Antarctica from time to time. My blog is the best way to keep track of what I’m up to while I’m away; you can also subscribe to email updates by entering your email address in the box below where it says “FOLLOW BLOG VIA EMAIL” over on the right.
My Antarctic experience consists of work:
- On the Research Vessel/Icebreaker Nathaniel B. Palmer intermittently as a Systems/Network Administrator from Aug-Sep 2014 through the present.
- At Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station during Nov 2010 – Feb 2011 as “The Helpdesk at the Bottom of the World.”
N. B. Palmer Links
- The Roadtrip Blog – Icebreaker Archives
- Information about the Palmer
- 2014-2015 schedule for the N.B. Palmer
- Where’s the Palmer now?
- Video of research during the 2013 AMLR Cruise (with music)
South Pole Links
- The Roadtrip Blog – South Pole Archive
- “One Hell of a Long Day” – what it’s like living at the bottom of the world
- Jobs at the South Pole – list maintained by Bill Spindler
- Frequently Asked Questions (from before the trip)
- Some pictures at Picasaweb
- South Pole on Street View!
- Gigapan image of South Pole Station
- SPIFF 2011 – shorts from the South Pole International Film Festival
- Tons of Useful Information in the South Pole Station Guide (posted with permission)
(Thanks to Larry Hosken for pointer to my new mascot – Pablo the Penguin!)