Summary: From time to time I work in Antarctica, these days usually aboard the Research Vessel/Icebreaker Nathaniel B. Palmer. I worked the 2010-2011 season at the South Pole.
My blog is the best way to keep track of what I’m up to while I’m away; you can also subscribe to email updates by entering your email address in the box below where it says “FOLLOW BLOG VIA EMAIL” over on the right.
See my recent Antarctic blog posts here.
Nathaniel B. Palmer Links
- Information about the Palmer
- 2016-2017 schedule for the N.B. Palmer
- Where’s the Palmer now?
- Video of research during the 2013 AMLR Cruise (with music)
- Video of research during the 2014-2015 Ocean Observatories Initiative
South Pole Links
- Video: “One Hell of a Long Day” – what it’s like living at the bottom of the world
- Jobs at the South Pole – list maintained by Bill Spindler
- Frequently Asked Questions (from before the trip)
- The Roadtrip Blog – South Pole Archive
- Some pictures at Picasaweb
- South Pole on Street View!
- Gigapan image of South Pole Station
- SPIFF 2011 – shorts from the South Pole International Film Festival
- Tons of Useful Information in the South Pole Station Guide (posted with permission)