I used to spend my days as a Senior Research Scientist at Google, working on projects centered around using technology for positive social impact, primarily in the developing world. But I’ve been around the block a few times. Before that, I did research in Machine Learning, and helped create the sub-field of Active Learning.
Recruiters: thanks, I’m flattered. But I’ve got the third best job on the planet, and I don’t think you’re offering me one of the other two.
- Technology Lead for Google Charitable Giving
- Tech Lead for Google Labs
- Creator and principal instructor for the Google Machine Learning curriculum
- Co-founder and Managing Editor for the Journal of Machine Learning Research
- Adjunct Research Scientist with the Robotics Institute of Carnegie Mellon University
- Chief Technology Officer for DigitalMC (RIP!)
- Principal Scientist for Burning Glass Technologies
- Research Scientist at Just Research (a.k.a. JustSystem Pittsburgh Research Center)
- Senior Research Scientist with the Adaptive Systems Group at Harlequin, Inc.
- Postdoctoral Associate with the MIT Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences and the Center for Biological and Computational Learning
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, University of Washington
- A.B. Physics and Computer Science, Dartmouth College